Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY

Mother's Day was a special day (or should I say weekend). I think Chip was glad when Sunday evening rolled around and he could actually rest..ha Saturday night, he and the kids made me and my Mom a special gourmet meal and they even pulled out the china. We had salad, roasted rosemary potatoes, filet with gorgonzola cheese over caramelized onions and yeast rolls with honey butter. Oh yeah, he bought petit fours to go along with our ice cream. It was YUMMY! They wanted to go ahead and give me my gifts which were sweet. Reid bought (with his own money) a new devotional book from the book fair at school, Emory gave me a bag full of goodies and made me a sweet card, Graham gave me some reed sticks, my Mom gave me a new vacuum cleaner and Chip got me a pair of Chacos! (I'm all about comfort these days) It was a special evening! I am blessed beyond measure with the most wonderful husband , children and Mom.


Sunday after church, Chip had prepared another dinner. He grilled pork tenderloin and make a delicious hashbrown casserole. We got hooked on the honey butter so he went by the store on the way home from church to get more rolls. If you like honey butter, I'll have to share the recipe...yum! I always say if anything ever happens to me that they would make it just fine. . ha He's SUPER DAD and can do it all!!! Thanks guys for making Mother's Day weekend memorable.


1 comment:

  1. what a sweet post! you definitely ARE blessed. what a sweet family you have. glad you're up and blogging! i will get a playlist for your ready soon!

    ReplyDelete